Monday, August 22, 2011

Wing Mash Up

Drumsticks with Caesar Salad and Grilled Corn
You heard it here first folks: chicken drumsticks are the new chicken wings. We were going to make the barbequed chicken wings from Eating Forward by Sandi Richard (which I borrowed from the library but am going to buy as it is excellent) but they didn't have any wings at the grocery store. I got drumsticks instead, which are cheaper anyways, and now I am of the opinion that they are better. That doesn't mean I won't eat wings at the pub; that is ludicrous! But I will make them more often at home. These are inspired by Wild Wing restaurant where they do all these crazy mixed up flavors that turn out to be amazing (our favorite flavour is Farmer's Daughter).

Notice I used "we" in the above paragraph? I don't know if that has ever happened in reference to cooking on Four Seasons Kitchen. I use "we" today because Tyler was actually responsible for cooking the chicken. I don't barbeque. I don't like smelling like meat (although I have found that eau de brisket attracts the opposite sex) and Tyler does it best anyway. So really, this is his recipe. Also a Four Seasons Kitchen first.

JERK HONEY GARLIC HOT WINGS

  • 10 chicken drumsticks
  • 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
  • 1/4 cup honey garlic sauce
  • 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce

Toss chicken and jerk seasoning together in a Ziploc bag and put in fridge overnight. When ready to cook, grill on high direct heat 2 minutes per side. Move drumsticks to indirect heat and cook 40 minutes, turning once. Mix honey garlic and hot sauce in a large bowl. Toss cooked drumsticks in sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment