Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crunchy Sesame Cookies

I like to try new things, and not just in the kitchen. In fact, I am currently sitting on an exercise ball instead of a chair. There is a happy medium, however, between new things enriching your life and being ridiculous and unnecessary. Such as today's Groupon deal. Half off Brazilian Vajazzling! Can you guess what "vajazzeling" is? Yeah... Be-Dazzling is not just for your jean jacket anymore.

Back to the happy medium. These cookies fit that mold. Sesame oil in a cookie? It's so crazy that it just might work. And it does. These sesame cookies are new and exciting, but familiar as they remind me of a peanut butter cookie. Except that peanuts are not allowed in my house due to Parker being allergic.

Did I also mention that the recipe is from Cooking Light? Yep, not only are they delicious, but they are low fat. I also read recently that 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame seeds has more calcium than a glass of milk. Amazing.

Excuse me while I get off this dang ball to get me a real chair and a cookie.


Get the recipe: Crunchy Sesame Cookies from Cooking Light December 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment