Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bookmarked

Photo from Food52 Provisions
We are on vacation this week so there's not a lot of cooking happening this week at my house. We eat out a lot on vacation, even if it's a stay-cation (oh how I hate that term. I dislike it as much as "jeggings"- the word and what it stands for). Once I get back in the kitchen next week here's what's on my radar.

Pie Box via Food52 Provisions This isn't a recipe but isn't the cutest product ever? A handcrafted wooden box for transporting pies! C'mon. (I am also swooning over their blue Ball jars)

Fusilli with Fresh Tomato Sauce via Bon Appetit I am lamenting my lack of tomato garden this year. I think this is the first year since I've owned a house that I haven't grown tomatoes. Luckily I have the second best thing on my counter- tomatoes from the farm store the next town over.

Braised Eggplant with Garlic and Basil via Serious Eats I don't love eggplant, but it does a great job soaking up flavors. I'm hoping this tastes like my favorite Dim Sum dish of pan-fried eggplant stuffed with tofu with black bean sauce (great, now I'm really craving some Dim Sum).

Red Lentil Dip via Fresh Juice I'm thinking this would be like hummus. I plan on trying this recipe out this week actually.

No-Ice-Cream-Maker Brownie Chunk Ice Cream via Young, Broke & Hungry I have an ice cream maker, but this looks good and super easy regardless.

Sweet Tea via Food52 I've made iced tea many, many times before. In fact, when I was pregnant I drank an entire pitcher of Red Raspberry Leaf iced tea every day for a month (no, it didn't help with labour as far as I can tell, but it was delicious). I like having a ratio to follow though, usually I just dump in some sugar and hope for the best. I will also combine this method with a tip I saw on Pinterest to add baking soda to make your iced tea nice and clear rather than cloudy.




No comments:

Post a Comment